Xavier wins Big brother USA 2021. Tiffany wins AFP.

Monday 3 September 2018

CBB UK Summer 2018 - Episode 18 - Pets are us and nominations

After an extremely difficult 72 hours, it's back to business in the Big Brother house as we take another small step towards crowning this series winner

Won't go into any details about the last 72 hours, as it's been talked about to death on social media and forums, so we'll press on with this episode which is thankfully a lot of lighter content all round. They and we really need this, so off we go for the next shopping task

Lights on in the house and we are off straight away for the next shopping task for this series

The living area has been made into BB's Pet Boutique

The rules:

Five housemates will become pets, and the rest are owners

Pets must not talk to their owners in the same room

Pets are permitted to speak to each other when owners are not present

Pets are not allowed to be on the furniture in the house and garden

Dan, Gabby, Nick, Jermaine and Sally have been chosen to be the pets

Sally - Cat (Owner: Ryan)
Jermaine - Parrot (Owner: Kirsty)
Nick - Turtle (Owner: Kirsty)
Dan - Dog (Owner: Hardeep)
Gabby - Dog (Owner: Hardeep)

The number of fails is sealed in an envelope and that will be opened at the end of the task. If they go over the number of fails within the envelope, it's basic budget. Under and it's a luxury budget.

During the duration of the task, Nick is only permitted to move at tortoise pace and Jermaine must parrot back anything his owner says to him. The owners have been given water sprays to discipline their pets.

Ryan says Sally the cat is a bit temperamental, and feels Ben has missed out as he would have loved this task. Can you imagine him and Roxanne doing this task? Perish that thought

On a serious note, Ryan says it is time to move on after the last few days.

Pets are only allowed to eat meals prepared for them by their owners, and from their own bowls.

Ryan is tickling his cat's stomach, while Jermaine is in the Diary Room saying he is happy to still be there, but STILL doesn't acknowledge what he did with Chloe. Hopefully Emma will pull him up on that if he comes out before finale night, his comeuppance is long overdue.

Back to Ryan and his cat and he takes her outside where the dog barks at the cat.

Ryan and Kirstie are discussing THAT 'incident' if you can call it that, Ryan gives his account of events and he is less than happy she tried to slander him. Not going to discuss that further for reasons explained. Ryan and Hardeep then have a heated argument about very little.

Hardeep and Kirstie are preparing lunch for their pets. Lots of so poor they are good impressions as the pets are not allowed to communicate while owners are in the room. 

Hardeep is feeling sorry for himself in the lounge in regards for nominations, doesn't take a genius to work out he will be up, but the second one is harder to call.

For this week's nominations, the pets are gathered in the Pet's Boutique and the owners in the Living Room.

Nominations

Dan

Hardeep 

Reason: He can be quite snappy. He snapped at me once, at the table, and him and Sally snap at each other quite a lot. That's the only bit of tension that's left in the house, really.

Sally

Reason: The main digging at each other is always been Hardeep and Sally, so I think if I'm going to put Hardeep up for nomination for it, it's only fair that I nominate Sally for it as well. It just makes you feel a bit uncomfortable when it's happening, everyone goes a bit quiet, and I think that's the only awkwardness really in the house.

Gabby

Nick 

Reason: Sometimes he behaves in a not very nice way. I was in a conversation with Nick the other day and he called Roxanne 'poisonous'. It just made me think 'oh s***, I wonder what people say about me when I'm not around'. So it made me feel a little bit uncomfortable and a little bit wary of his thoughts and opinions of me.

Hardeep

Reason: There's been a few times when he's thrown his dummy out of the pram when he hasn't had a reaction from people that he likes. As you can see, I'm a dog today, and Hardeep was my owner. Which was all fine and dandy until he was making lunch, had a moan at me about it, and then five minutes later will come and be really nice to me, I just don't know whether I'm coming or going.

Hardeep 

Sally 

Reason: She's not made a secret that she isn't particularly fond of me and has a thinly veiled disdain. She's just quite sharp with me and I think unnecessarily, I'd say rude, I'm sure she wouldn't think that, but dismissive. What makes civil society work is that we have bite our tongues, we have to get on, else the whole thing falls apart. My least favourite kind of person is the sort of person that says 'I'm just honest, if you don't like it, it's your problem'. It's not- it's your problem.

Ryan

Reason: Earlier this afternoon, Kirstie and Ryan were discussing a situation with Roxy that I didn't want to know anything about. But they've decided to have this conversation literally over the top of me, he's on his bed, she's on hers and I'm in the bed in the middle and they're talking over me as if I'm not in the room. It happens quite often here, and it's fine, maybe I'm just used to being a little bit more important, and maybe it's good that I have my pomposity pricked.

Jermaine

Nick 

Reason: I feel he doesn't participate in activities that don't involve tasks. I would say he's the least entertaining person in the house because it's twenty-four hours a day stuck in a confined place with no electronics, no nothing, no TV, no outside world so it gets very very boring. The more entertainment in here, the better the experience will be.

Gabby

Reason: I thought we were very close, I thought we had a good bond. So when she voted for me to be evicted, it didn't sit too well. I got a little bit upset, not to the stage where I was going to cry, but I thought we were close.

Kirstie 

Hardeep 

Reason: His incessant use of puns and jokes at the end of anyone's utterance has driven me cuckoo. Then I saw him flare up today and said 'you guys just talk over me' and it was like 'talk over you? He asked me a question and I'm answering his question'. I'm just exhausted with the dramas.

Jermaine 

Reason: Well, Jermaine was spending a lot of time with Chloe, and he has a significant other. I thought it was unethical. Actually, I thought it was reckless. Reckless with some girl's heart- meaning his significant other.

Nick 

Hardeep 

Reason: Bit of a curve ball for me, I suppose, but any sort of niggles, or arguments that are occurring at the moment are largely around Hardeep, and this is a constant daily occurence where he's getting upset with somebody. We've been here for long enough for him to be able to adapt to that, and he hasn't.

Jermaine 

Reason: He is one of the group of noisier housemates. He often wakes me up when he comes to bed. When I was Jermaine's age and younger, I would have been more interested in having the party than going to bed, but the focus is on the enjoyment, there's no consideration for the other housemates in the room at that time.

Ryan

Hardeep 

Reason: It's a collective of his snoring, his breaking wind, his not-so-funny jokes, his awkward outbursts. I was having a conversation with Kirstie today and then Hardeep decided to be all funny about it and say 'I'd like you to involve me in the conversation, I'm just sitting here listening to you two'. I'm like 'where did that come from?!'. Where did this atmosphere all of a sudden come from? It's just out of the blue for me.

Jermaine 

Reason: Someone I'm very fond of. But the situation with him telling us that he had a wife only as Chloe was leaving, or up for eviction, I think he's been a little bit disrespectful to his wife. I just don't know how he can say that was just banter. I think he knows himself as well, I think he knows that it's not completely ok.

Sally

Hardeep 

Reason: This is the easiest one for me to do. Hardeep's had a couple of outbursts while cooking. He does a great job cooking, but he can get very angry and very huffy. I don't like the way that when he's cooking, he shouldn't cook half-naked. He knows the fat's going to fly into his tummy, he's going to get burnt. I mean, let alone the fact that he is very very very hairy, and you should avoid the hair going in the food, but there you go. He still continues to have flatulence at night in bed, quite bad, and I've forgotten what day it was now, only the other day, he walked past me and farted. You know, he could have held that in, but it was deliberate, because he looked at me, I looked at him, and he walked out into the garden. It's like someone putting a finger up to you, really.


Jermaine 

Reason: He comes in from the hot tub at night, and very very noisy. It's called a bedroom, isn't it? To go to sleep. To go to bed. And it wakes me up. And because of that, he is tired the next day, and then breaks the rules that all of us have to keep to. So I find that very inconsiderate.

As the vote toppers, Hardeep and Jermaine will face the public vote

Back to the shopping task, and Dan and Gabby have to bark when they hear the doorbell chime, which they do with gusto.

When Nick hears the bird of prey sound, he must hide in his shell until it's safe, and off it goes

Sally the cat must chase mice as her part of the task, somebody mucked up with the remote control as the mouse smashed into one of the garden trees and then into one of the many windows but still managed to get away. The second one is not so successful as it smashes into the wall next to the hole and Sally catches it

After Hardeep prepares the meals for the pets, he breaks down in the Diary Room due to being nominated yet again and tells us his reasoning of his love for cooking.

Nick next up in the Diary Room, and Big Brother challenges him to sing a song in front of the other housemates. Not the best singer in the world, but he does his best I suppose. He wins back the power of speech between pets and owners from tomorrow.

Final thoughts

Shopping task heavy episode to lift the gloom after recent events. Not much else to say really, but it was much needed. Probably the easiest luxury budget, surely they can't mess this up

In case you missed it, Roxanne WILL be interviewed by Emma on the eviction. Apparently Endemol didn't want her anywhere near the show but someone higher up on Five 'insisted' she be on the show.

Said all I needed to about HER, but I WILL try and cover her interview tomorrow and will try to stay calm in the process.

Thanks for reading if you have made it this far, and keep all the RT's, likes, shares and comments coming in

Dr Detroit will be on the air tonight, after part 2 of the eviction as it's highlights and HER interview in part 1 and then the eviction is part 2. Click right here to join in the fun at 11.30pm UK time

Show the other links on the right some love, and especially if you need any information about UK, USA or Canada

Follow me on Twitter at richiew4ever

Until next time, stay frosty and keep on rocking.....

No comments:

Post a Comment